The internet has transformed this world into a global village. The most powerful bonding force among the people of the globe is web-based networking to bring the people closer and closer. There are lots of efforts behind the scene put forth by the thousands of brains to bring about this relationship. The web designer is one of the brains who give the front face to this forum. To become a successful web designer here are seven suggestions:
1. Deceptive user interface controls: It is very important for a web designer to know that having too few user interface controls may misguide users. The user interface controls are the specific elements on the web page like the widgets and some other components. Users often interact with these controls; therefore always have clear interface controls for the user to avoid any confusion. Just adding a design master without real relevance may mislead the user.
2. Build only Readable web pages: The most important material on the web page is its given content about the products or services. The main content must be clearly visible and readable. The words must not mingle with colors thus losing their importance. Web designers must keep in mind the reading ethics of the people. They download or scan before reading, so make sure about the scanning feature of your web content. The main content must easy to read online.
3. Breaking the workflow: To keep the interest and attention on your services, there must be no break in the links to reach the desired information. Every link must be relevant and the visitor must not go away due to ads and irrelevant material. The web design must be light weight to load and navigate, and have a quick response.
4. Use Site Maps: The main objective of the website is to bring targeted clients to the web page; it is done through search engine optimization. Site maps are important for improving SEO and on page navigation. The web maps are the web page’s architecture and building structure of website. A closely linked structure will provide for effective SEO. The site maps are hierarchically organized.
5. Extensive graphics: The abusive use of graphics makes the web page design heavy to load which uses major resources of the hardware. This delay makes the web page annoying for the visitors. The essential graphics must be kept and over burdening must be avoided. Although the graphics are good to lure the visitors, only light weight graphics must be loaded.
6. Site search: A user friendly web page is well respected and more visited. The search box on the web page helps the user to quickly find the desired contents. He feels good to find his desired results which keep his interest intact. The website search box is very essential to finding the right path.
7. Tagline: The main objective of the web page given about the business and services presented on the web page must be well presented on the front page. The front face is very important in catching the heart of the visitors. Keep it visible on most of the pages without taking too much page space.
Rajkumar Jonnala likes to write about topics on IT, Science and Technology related to cable management and desk cable management.
Mere creating your own blog is not enough. It is very important to upgrade and update your WordPress blog regularly. Nowadays upgrading the software you have installed is very important if you want to keep your website or blog secure and safe from the malware that is software such as viruses or Trojans designed to cause damage or disruption to a computer system. To avoid this, one must have some knowledge and skills to upgrade your blogging software.
Take advantage of the latest installations, themes, plug-ins and features of WordPress to keep your blog or web page safe from viruses. If you want to upgrade your blogging software, then you must remember the following things:
a) Make sure you create a backup for all your existing data so you do not lose your important data.
b) Ensure that the newly installed upgraded version is compatible with the proper functioning of your previous plug-ins and theme.
c) Use the blogging software upgrade approved by WordPress for proper functioning of your chosen theme and plug-ins.
One can upgrade the blogging software manually and automatically too. Here are a few tips for upgrading manually:
1) Download the revised or renewed version of blogging software
2) Unzip or decompress a computer file that has been compressed or compacted
3) Open your FTP or file transfer protocol program. It is a standard procedure that allows one computer to transfer files to and from another over a network.
4) Make sure you note down where you have installed your blogging software previously so that you can plot a route the updated version to that folder.
5) If you are using special themes or plug-ins for your blog, make sure not to overwrite on that folder, otherwise you will have to upload those themes again on your web page or blog.
6) Once the uploading is completed, you have to re-log in to your blog on WordPress.
7) If this blogging software indicates the need to update your database or files, you will find the necessary links to follow to bring your files and folders up to date.
8) Follow the given directions to get the updates and renovate your blog.
9) Ensure that your installation is complete and is working fine and effectively.
You have easy and safe way to get the updates. You can let WordPress do all the procedure for you. Here are a few steps for the automatic upgrades:
A1) Log on to your blog
B1) If the software you have installed has become out of date, then you will get a notification about required updates. If there is no such notification, you can find and click on the ‘updates’ option.
C1) Once you enter your connection data, WordPress will continue for the updates.
D1) If you are using customized themes then you will need to save the back up so that you can use it after the installation procedure is complete.
E1) Enable your plug-ins you have disabled before the installation so that the system is functional.
F1) Update WordPress regularly to ensure the safety of your blog.
Sirangi Kalpana is a promotional items expert and write a lot about cheap coffee mugs, promotional flashlights, custom flash drives and other promotional products.
Creating the blog and running it successfully is a dream of most of the net savvy people. Expressing and sharing one’s thoughts with the entire world has become very easy because of the blogging. If you have money to spend, then you can hire the professionals to create a blog or website for you. If you have time and skill to write codes and programs one after another then you can create your own blog yourself without getting the professional help. However, these procedures are time consuming and maybe taxing for your tolerance level.
There is an easiest way out by which one can get his/her own blog up and running within no time. One can use the software available to create your own blog and give it a professional look. WordPress is extensively used blogging software. WordPress is web software one can use to create a remarkable website or blog. It is free and invaluable at the same time. One can select from WordPress.com and WordPress.org to set up your blog. You can choose the WordPress software as per your business requirements.
It is the fastest and the easiest way to create your blog. One can easily sign up or put your name down for signing up and publishing one’s blog without more ado. One has to just select the theme or subject matter for the blog. One does not have to worry about backing up or getting sponsorship. You can get a secured blog with all the upgrades without difficulty available with this software option. Nevertheless WordPress won’t let you post advertisements or links without the proper approval.
WordPress.org requires the blogger to have basic knowledge of technicalities of creating a webpage or a blog. You yourself have to find out the ways of handling all the hassles including controlling spamming and getting sponsors for your content etc. You have to select between the free start up options with reasonably charged upgrades and DIY (do it yourself).
You can save a lot of money by getting the blogging software installed for free with various themes. Most of the plug-ins is free and some specialized plug-ins can cost you a minimal amount. You can access your blog created with the help of this blogging software from anywhere in the world when you can get internet access. You, as the administrator of your blog, can alter or modify your blog and repair it if some problem develops.
WordPress can provide you all the help for creating your own blog or hosting your website for minimal fees. You can obtain all the support you may need during the procedure. All you need to do is to search for the download and install options for WordPress. All the installation procedure is free of cost as it is open source blogging software. After a few clicks you are well equipped with all the basic information and you are all geared up for creating your own blog. You can install all the required files yourself too.