The internet has transformed this world into a global village. The most powerful bonding force among the people of the globe is web-based networking to bring the people closer and closer. There are lots of efforts behind the scene put forth by the thousands of brains to bring about this relationship. The web designer is one of the brains who give the front face to this forum. To become a successful web designer here are seven suggestions:
1. Deceptive user interface controls: It is very important for a web designer to know that having too few user interface controls may misguide users. The user interface controls are the specific elements on the web page like the widgets and some other components. Users often interact with these controls; therefore always have clear interface controls for the user to avoid any confusion. Just adding a design master without real relevance may mislead the user.
2. Build only Readable web pages: The most important material on the web page is its given content about the products or services. The main content must be clearly visible and readable. The words must not mingle with colors thus losing their importance. Web designers must keep in mind the reading ethics of the people. They download or scan before reading, so make sure about the scanning feature of your web content. The main content must easy to read online.
3. Breaking the workflow: To keep the interest and attention on your services, there must be no break in the links to reach the desired information. Every link must be relevant and the visitor must not go away due to ads and irrelevant material. The web design must be light weight to load and navigate, and have a quick response.
4. Use Site Maps: The main objective of the website is to bring targeted clients to the web page; it is done through search engine optimization. Site maps are important for improving SEO and on page navigation. The web maps are the web page’s architecture and building structure of website. A closely linked structure will provide for effective SEO. The site maps are hierarchically organized.
5. Extensive graphics: The abusive use of graphics makes the web page design heavy to load which uses major resources of the hardware. This delay makes the web page annoying for the visitors. The essential graphics must be kept and over burdening must be avoided. Although the graphics are good to lure the visitors, only light weight graphics must be loaded.
6. Site search: A user friendly web page is well respected and more visited. The search box on the web page helps the user to quickly find the desired contents. He feels good to find his desired results which keep his interest intact. The website search box is very essential to finding the right path.
7. Tagline: The main objective of the web page given about the business and services presented on the web page must be well presented on the front page. The front face is very important in catching the heart of the visitors. Keep it visible on most of the pages without taking too much page space.